The Donkey in the Well
One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well.
The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do.
Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.
So the farmer invited his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well.
At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down....
A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up.
As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up.
Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!
Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up.
Each of our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up!
Shake it off and take a step up.
The donkey later came back, and bit the farmer who had tried to bury him. The gash from the bite got infected, and the farmer eventually died in agony from septic shock.
THE MORAL OF THE STORY?
When you do something wrong, and try to cover your ass, it always comes to bite you back!
- A Reason, A Season, A Lifetime
- An Everyday Checklist For Happiness
- Mirror, Mirror On The Wall, Who's The Rightest of Them All?
- 30 Relationship Tips For Women Who Love Men
- 27 Really Useful Things I've Learned...
- Things Are Not Always What They Seem
- What Do YOU See Through The Window?
- 10 Rules To Live By Every Single Day
- 30 Things to Have & Know by Age 30
- Everything is Black and White
- 21 Tips To Promote Personal Well Being