Tags beauty health personal growth spirituality
Twenty-one tips to create a personal environment that promotes peace, prosperity, and well-being:
1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
Tags connection goals happiness health inspiration love personal growth success TED Talks
Jacqueline Novogratz founded and leads Acumen, a non-profit organisation that takes a businesslike approach to improving the lives of the poor.
In her book, The Blue Sweater, she tells stories from the new philanthropy, which emphasizes sustainable bottom-up solutions over traditional top-down aid.
Tags conflict happiness health inspiration life peace personal growth war
Susan notes: This is an anonymous story from someone’s school days. Having found myself to be in exactly the same situation many times, I have cause to reflect on the lesson often. Hopefully I will one day fully integrate it into my life and not have to reminded again and again...
When I was in elementary school, I got into a major argument with another girl in my class. I forgot long ago what the argument was about, but I have never forgotten the lesson I learned that day.
Tags education family health inspiration kids learning love parenting personal growth
Written by a former child, who could have been any one of us...
1. When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately wanted to paint another one.
2. When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you feed a stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind to animals.
Tags ageing beauty death friendship health inspiration life personal growth wisdom
I didn't write this, but I sure do like it! Susan
1) I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, or my loving family for less grey hair or a flatter belly.
2) As I've aged, I've become kinder to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own best friend.