Writing a tribute to someone you love and/or admire can be an emotional and rewarding experience. Doing it while they’re still alive makes it more meaningful.
I use a simple three-step process described below; you can use it too. These are also great resources with good information:
- A Labor of Love: How To Write A Eulogy
- How To Write a Eulogy When You Have No Time
- Eulogy Writing: How to Write a Loving & Memorable Eulogy
- Celebrating a Life: Planning Memorial Services and Other Creative Remembrances
- Remembrances and Celebrations: A Book of Eulogies, Elegies, Letters, and Epitaphs
- My Deepest Sympathies...: Meaningful Sentiments for Condolence Notes and Conversations, Plus a Guide to Eulogies