27 Really Useful Things I've Learned...
I've learned that...
1) we don't have to change friends, if we understand that friends change.
2) no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.
3) true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. Same goes for true love.
4) you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.
5) it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.
6) you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.
7) you can keep going, long after you can't.
8) we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.
9) either you control your attitude, or it controls you.
10) regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, the passion fades and there had better be something else to take its place.
11) heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.
12) money is a lousy way of keeping score.
13) my best friend and I can do anything, or nothing and have the best time.
14) sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you're down, will be the ones to help you get back up.
15) sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.
16) just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.
17) maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had, and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.
18) it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.
19) no matter how bad your heart is broken, the world doesn't stop for your grief.
20) our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.
21) just because two people argue, it doesn't mean they don't love each other. And just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.
22) you shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret. It could change your life forever.
23) two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.
24) your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don't even know you.
25) even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.
26) credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.
27) the people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon.
Susan notes: I'm not sure where or when I got this list, but I think someone sent them to me in an email years ago... they seem like a good thing to share today.... :)<