How to Tell a Black Bear From a Grizzly
Just goes to show I'm not the only Canadian to have a quirky sense of humor. So do Bob and Rhonda Young, who run the Fort Steele Campround. They're the ones who created the bear warning sign above.
Here's what their website says about their campground:
This quiet, peaceful campground is nestled in the forest near the base of the Rocky Mountains. A haven for wildlife and campers alike, the campsites are built within 17 of the 80 forested acres that make up the Fort Steele Campground, providing lots of room for hiking and mountain biking - without leaving the premises! We are dog friendly, providing a large off-leash area, and there are fire-pits on EVERY campsite!
Close to lots of different activities, our campground has become famous for our exceptionally clean heated swimming pool, not to mention your incredibly friendly hosts - Rhonda and Bob! No wonder the majority of campers are return visitors – We hope to see you too!
Ummmmm. No more mention of the bears. Just saying.
- My Name Is Susan. And I Am Canadian.
- I've Been Swimming Naked In My Canadian Lake
- Canadians: Beware of Dicks in Trucks!
- Canadian Ice Fishing Antics: How We Check Fish Stocks In The Frozen North
- Kickass Canadian Muslim Women Challenge Stereotypes With Calendar
- Salmon In Snowshoes: Frosty Canadian Cuisine Is Heaven On Earth
- Classic Rides For Classy Canadian Car Chicks
- Northern Canada Is Cool, And Science Is Even Cooler
- US Election 2012: Canada To The Rescue!
- 71 Reasons To Love Being Canadian Please