All I Want For Christmas By HMS OCEAN
Here's the vid blurb from the YouTube description:
After lots of time away last year (214 days) -- planned for 7 week deployment exercise with other nations
Diverted to Libya and further operations
Back 9 Dec after 7½ months away - 225 days with 176 at sea
400 people onboard (at peak during the amphibious exercises just under 900 onboard but approx 650 during Op Ellamy)
Steamed just over 40,000 miles
Burned approx 6,000 tonnes of fuel
Operated 16 different type of aircraft off the deck
Realities of deploying:
- 15 babies born while the ship has been away (fathers did get home to see mum and baby)
- 5 people were sent home so they didn't miss their own weddings.
- 1 sailor whose son's third birthday is on homecoming. Family meeting ship
Ships company have missed:
- Summer holidays.
- Children's exam results
- Children finishing school and starting university
- The Padre missed his daughter's graduation.
The ship's company made a Christmas DVD when they heard they would be home for Christmas.
Susan notes: My favourite part is the lie-down wish at the end :)
- Hallelujah: Christmas Choir Flash Mob
- Yes, Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus
- The Golden Box: A Christmas Story
- Silent Night With The Jingle Cats LOL
- Let's Christmas Can Can All Year Long!
- The Story of the Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Andersen
- 10 LOL Christmas Consumption Tips For The Calorie UN-Conscious
- Sing Like No One Is Listening At Christmas
- 12 Days of Christmas: Straight No Chaser
- Hallelujah! Alaska Style.