20 Pictures at a Summer Day's Dawn
There are plenty of reasons to get up at dawn, and at least six simple ways to make the most of it when you do.
I love the quality of the air at sunrise; no matter the season, it's always colder, crispier and more energizing than at any other time of the day.
There's something just plain special about the start of a new day.
And the early morning light is perfect for picture-taking, in a similar, though different way, to late afternoon when shadows lengthen and soften.
I captured these magical images around Pinkie Patti's house and garden in the summer of 2012. From a doe and her fawn in the foggy field (the doe is easier to spot, the fawn not so much!) to the moss and lichen growing on the garden-side bench, there seemed to be a bit of beauty wherever I turned....
- Kampar Morning Market in Malaysia
- Butchering Chickens at Kampar Market in Malaysia
- Shopping For Fruit And Veg At Kampar Market
- Three Minutes In Trogir, Croatia
- 50 Million Solutions: The Girl Effect.
- 50 Sexy Shoes to Strut Your Stuff In
- 16 Surprises on a Morning Walk
- 24 Up Close & Personal Summer Flowers
- 16 Pics of a Rusty Old Railroad Bridge
- 6 Ways to Magic-alize Early Mornings
- 50 Ways to Give Thanks to Yourself
- 50 Pearls of Amazing Feminine Wisdom
- 71 Reasons To Love Being Canadian Please