The REAL Seven Wonders of The World
A group of students was asked to list what they thought were the current “Seven Wonders of the World.” Though there were some disagreements the following received the most votes:
1. Egypt’s Great Pyramids
2. Taj Mahal
3. Grand Canyon
4. Panama Canal
5. Empire State Building
6. St Peter’s Basilica
7. China’s Great Wall
While gathering the votes the teacher noticed that one student has not finished her paper yet. So she asked the girl if she was having trouble with her list...
The girl replied, “Yes a little, I couldn’t quite make up my mind because there were so many.”
The teacher said “Well tell us what you have, and maybe we can help.”
The girl hesitated, then read: “I think the ‘Seven Wonders of the World’ are:
1. To see
2. To hear
3. To touch
4. To taste
5. To feel
6. To laugh
7. And to love
The room was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. The things we overlook as simple and ordinary and take for granted are truly wondrous!
A gentle reminder that the most precious things in life can not be built by hand nor bought by man.
- 1 List For Us All To Live By: The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- 30 Relationship Tips For Women Who Love Men
- 27 Really Useful Things I've Learned...
- 37 Quick Tips To Help Maintain Your Sanity
- 11 Lessons from Noah's Ark
- 12 Things I Learned When You Thought I Wasn't Looking
- Five Simple Rules for Happiness
- 21 Tips To Promote Personal Well Being