12 For '12: Steps Men Can Take Toward Equality For Women
1. Don't interrupt women when they speak, control their space, or assume they need your protection. Focus on the effect of your actions, rather than on the intent.
2. Support women's leadership and help elect progressive women to political office.
3. Support women's equality in education, sports, and in the workplace.
4. Don't condone, laugh at, or tell sexist (racist or homophobic) jokes or stories.
5. Don't make fun of or invalidate anyone's emotional reactions.
6. Listen, believe, and be accountable to women and their stories. When confronted on your own sexism (racism, homohobia, etc.) listen instead of getting defensive.
8. Be the kind of father you always wanted to have.
9. Be the kind of partner you would want your children's partner to be.
10. Share responsibility for birth control and reproductive health and safety.
11. Speak up when you see violence or abuse directed at women or children, in real life, or in the media. Donate to a local rape crisis, sexual assault, and domestic violence program.
12. Oppose pornography and the sex industry.