You Don't Own Me. Not Then. Not Now. Not ever.
It's hard to believe that 50 years on, we are still fighting the same old battles.
The public service announcement below, a remix of a 1964 tune by Lesley Gore, creatively and clearly makes the point that women must not become complacent.
It is imperative we make our voices heard. Now more than ever.
You have a voice. Use it: vote, no matter what, no matter where.
And be one of one billion rising.
- 20 Reasons Why We Still Need The "F" Word
- Invisible Women: Where Is Half The World's Population?
- TED2012 Full Spectrum Shy on Gender Parity (Again!)
- This Is Insane. I Mean Really. C'mon!
- Misrepresented? You Bet We Are!
- Kiss Our Collective Asses & Shove It Up Yours
- Sluts, Whores & More Ongoing Insanity
- 10 Reasons Why Feminism Is Good For Guys
- 13 Provocative Posts On Gender Issues
- It’s Time Once Again For Women To Support Other Women
- Value Your Own Feminine Wisdom
- An Open Letter To Girls About the Men Who Fear Them
- 50 Facts: A Rape Reality Index
- Rape Survivor Lisa Marie Iyotte Introduces President Obama
- 5 Things We Need to Teach Our Kids