The Who Cares Quiz
You don't have to actually answer the questions. Just ponder on them.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five winners of the Miss Universe pageant.
3. Name 10 people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
4. Name the last five Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
5. Name 10 Olympic Gold medalists.
How did you do?
The answers are people who are first-rate achievers. The best in their fields. But the applause dies, trophies tarnish, achievements are forgotten. Accolades, awards, certificates and crowns are often buried with their owners.
The point is, few of us remember the headliners of yesterday. But we DO remember those who have made a difference in our lives.
Now try this quiz, and see how it goes:
1. List a few teachers who motivated you in school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who inspired you or taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The lesson is crsytal clear: The people who make a difference in our lives are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They're simply the ones whom we admire and respect. The ones with whom we are connected. Those for whom we care the most, and those who care the most about us.