The Golden Box: A Christmas Story
Once upon a time, a man punished his five-year-old daughter for using up the family’s only roll of expensive gold wrapping paper before Christmas.
Money was tight, so he became even more upset when, on Christmas Eve, he saw that the child had used the expensive gold paper to decorate a large shoebox she had put under the Christmas tree...
Nevertheless, the next morning the little girl, filled with excitement, brought the gift box to her father and said, "This is for you, Daddy!"
As he opened the box, the father was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, now regretting how he had punished her.
But when he opened the shoebox, he found it was empty and again his anger flared. "Don't you know, young lady,” he said harshly, “when you give someone a present there's supposed to be something inside the package!"
The little girl looked up at him with sad tears rolling from her eyes and whispered: "Daddy, it's not empty. I blew kisses into it until it was all full."
The father was crushed. He fell on his knees and put his arms around his precious little girl. He begged her to forgive him for his unnecessary anger.
An accident took the life of the child only a short time later. It is told that the father kept this little gold box by his bed for all the years of his life. Whenever he was discouraged or faced difficult problems, he would open the box, take out an imaginary kiss, and remember the love of this beautiful child who had put it there.
In a very real sense, each of us as human beings have been given an invisible golden box filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children, family, friends.
There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.
- I'm Dreaming Of A PINK Christmas!
- A Soldier's Night Before Christmas
- Amazing Grace Techno Christmas Light Show
- Hallelujah: Christmas Choir Flash Mob
- Yes, Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus
- My Darling Clementines: Christmas Reflections From Morocco
- Rudolph & The Rest Are Actually Girls!
- How Big Cats Celebrate Christmas
- Let's Christmas Can Can All Year Long!
- The Story of the Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Andersen
- 10 LOL Christmas Consumption Tips For The Calorie UN-Conscious
- 12 Days of Christmas: Straight No Chaser
- Dreaming of a White Christmas