Should math and evolution be taught in school? Hmmmm. Tough question.
I stumbled on a 2011 video that shocked me.
It purported to be of Miss USA contestants answering the question “Should math be taught in schools?”
I watched in horror as the first few young women gave their answers:
It didn’t take me long to realize it was a parody – a satirical piece poking fun at somthing else. "But at what?” I wondered. Where was the original?
I looked for more information.
Ah. A video by @mackenzief, @kevgot, Leslie Collins, @gracehelbig, @lorrainecink, @jencurran, @risasarachan, @FarynEinhorn, Corinne Donly, @sarajanetaylor, @ericmpearson, Elias Altman, @mclendaniel
They were dissing this:
The answers shook me. Evolution is a "theory" that should NOT be taught in schools?
Oh. My. God.
- Ruth Benerito (Scientist)
- Barbara Block (Researcher/Scientist/Professor)
- Susan Solomon (Atmospheric Scientist/Led The National Ozone Expedition to Antarctica)
- Ainissa Ramirez (Scientist)
- Tali Sharot (Cognitive Neuroscientist)
- Rachel Carson (Scientist/Writer)
- Grace Murray Hopper (U.S. Navy Rear Admiral/Computer Scientist)