Tags challenges friendship goals happiness learning life love personal growth success
1) Realise your own worth. Avoid comparing yourself with others. Each of us is special, because we are different one from the other.
2) Set your own goals based on what is important to you, not what others think is important. Only you know what is best for you.
3) Treasure the things that are closest to your heart. Cherish them as you would your life, without them life is meaningless.
Tags charity community learning love personal growth wisdom
There once was a wise old woman who wandered the countryside spreading love, understanding and healing.
One day, as she passed near a village, she was approached by a man who told her of a sick child nearby. He beseeched her to help this child...
Tags challenges goals inspiration learning life personal growth
One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well.
The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do.
Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.
Tags ageing Fun inspiration learning life love personal growth success youth
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'
Tags goals gratitude happiness health inspiration learning life personal growth storytelling
Two women, both seriously ill with low chances of survival, occupied the same hospital room.
One woman was allowed to sit up in her bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from her lungs. Her bed was next to the room's only window. The other woman had to spend all her time flat on her back.