May You Have Peace Within
A prayer attributed to St. Theresa of Lisieux:
May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.
St-Theresa of Lisieux was known for her "little way" philosophy of serving God by doing small things. Her most famous recent namesake, who may soon also be beatified, is of course Mother Teresa, the Albanian-born Indian missionary who founded the Missionaries of Charity in Calcutta and won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979.
Mother Teresa is quoted as saying:
We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love.
- 53 Iranian Americans Speak For Peace
- 16 Peace Women In Palestine & Israel Strive For A Better World
- Peace Creator Ann Njeri Builds Bridges Between Former Tribal Enemies In Kenya
- Why More UN Women Peacekeepers Are Needed
- The Peace Train Is Sounding Louder, Ride On The Peace Train
- Jody Williams: Her Vision For World Peace
- Find Peace & Healing In Your Core
- Trio of Nobel Laureates Tell It Like It Is: Women & Peace Now!
- 8 Steps Toward Inner Peace
- Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream: Peace