Jump for Your Life, Liberty & Happiness
On the eve of the 2012 US election, filmmaker Tiffany Shlain says this about her award-winning film:
Nearly a decade ago, I directed a film about the importance of reproductive rights: Life, Liberty, & the Pursuit of Happiness. I am re-releasing this film today as this is still a VERY important and relevant issue. Along with so many women and men, my mother and grandmothers fought for this right, and my father as a doctor would often take care of young women after they had unsafe back alley or self-imposed abortions. We can't go backwards.
Indeed we cannot go backwards. Not in the USA, not in my home country Canada, not anywhere else in the world. Make your voice heard for the rights of all people, particularly women, to control their own bodies. Thank you, on behalf of future generations.
- Tags: conflict feminism government health human rights medicine politics sex sexuality violence Women's Rights
- This Is Insane. I Mean Really. C'mon!
- Kiss Our Collective Asses & Shove It Up Yours
- Sluts, Whores & More Ongoing Insanity
- 13 Provocative Posts On Gender Issues
- 4 Tongue-in-Cheek Takes on Legitimate Rape
- 9 Posts That Might Make You a Feminist
- You Don't Own Me. Not Then. Not Now. Not ever.
- 7 Powerful Secrets For Parenting Girls
- I Am One in a Billion