Julie Taymor (Stage, Opera & Film Director)
Julie Taymor is an American director of theater, opera and film. Taymor's work has received many accolades from critics.
She has earned two Tony Awards out of four nominations, the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Costume Design, an Emmy Award, and an Academy Award nomination for Original Song.
Taymor received two Tony Awards for her work on The Lion King, one for Direction and one for Costume Design, making her the first woman to receive a Tony Award for directing a musical.
- Speak Up, Speak Out, Take The Stage: The World Needs More TED Women
- A Dream Come True: 18 Amazing Girls & Young Women Make TED History
- Reboot To The Power Of Seven: The Amazing Women Of TEDxDubai 2010
- TEDWomen A Resounding Success! Or Was It?
- Let’s Take TEDxActionNow On Gender Parity
- 15 Trailblazers Take The Stage (A Feminist Take on TED 2011)
- The 23 Amazing TEDWomen Speakers Of TEDGlobal 2011
- AAA Alphabetical TED Women Talks List