7 Ways to Build Emotional Intelligence in Girls
Girls are often taught to be good and nice and not to express their emotions - not the best path to becoming an emotionally intelligent woman who can stand in her own power!
Expert Rachel Simmons shares some great information on building EQ in girls in the short video below.
1) Build an emotional vocabulary for your child
2) Talk about your own feelings
3) Dig deeper to find what underlies feelings such as anger
4) Encourage her to share her emotions
5) Show your own emotions
6) Own your feelings
7) Re-engineer your conversations
- The Girl Effect
- I Don't Want To Be A Stupid Girl
- Stop Putting Girls In #PINK Boxes!!!
- Girls & Media: Time For A Change.
- Educate Girls. Change The World. Makes Sense To Me.
- Malala Yousafzai: Schoolgirl / Superhero
- 9 Cool Things Girlfriends Do
- Hot List of 50+ Cool Organisations to Empower Girls
- 7 Powerful Secrets For Parenting Girls
- I Don't Want to Look Like a Cover Girl